another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Friday, November 16, 2007

Louis Pasteur (1822-1895)

It's been a week when the things I could think of to blog about I couldn't really get motivated to blog about. This is kind of a forced update post.

I'll be out of town the first part of the week. I'm driving back to Missouri Valley on Sunday so I can help out my mom. The current thought is I'll head back to Aurora on Wednesday in time for Thanksgiving, but I'll play it by ear.

Ellen and I went to her inducted into Sigma Theta Tau honor society of nursing tonight, and then dinner afterward. Over dinner we agreed that the speaker at the induction ceremony didn't really go anywhere, comparing public nursing at the beginning of the 20th Century to that now at the beginning of the 21st Century. The talk didn't really go anywhere, but it did lead us to pondering when the Germ Theory of Disease was propagated and actually accepted by the public (conclusion: nurses 100 years ago had a lot of teaching to do).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home