another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Next Year? Again?

Their chance was in the fifth inning. Score 4-1, bases loaded, 1 out, crowd making as much noise as possible. Result: double play, one of four on the day. And, the Cubs went out quietly.

I'm expecting by the night that I'll be chanting "Rex! Rex! Rex!", though at this point it's 7-7.

UPDATE: OK, I can't believe the Bears actually won that game. Basically, the Packers did everything wrong in the 2nd half, particularly in the 4th quarter.

And I still don't think Griese is that great a quarterback. He screwed up a couple times, but he'll get a lot of credit for a win that neither team's offense seemed to want. The Bears defense was the real winner tonight.

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, I was silently rooting for the Bears the entire time ... and we won it!

    I couldn't believe how many flags where thrown in that game. I mean ... stop grabbing the mask!!!

    The forced fumbles were nice; I liked the one where the punt kicker actually picked up the ball. Ha ha ha.

    I agree that Griese was fairly pathetic overall. The sportscasters had been commenting that the receivers only caught the ball once apiece in the first half. Though that could have been Green Bay's defense.

    I caught the game in High Def; it was pretty sweet. I think sports games come in much better than HD shows. Some tv shows might be in 720p, which is why they look a little pixelated. Though it is a 50" screen or so; maybe everything looks pixelated ... except sports games.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/10/2007 10:03 AM  

  • I've heard the same about sports in HD, mainly because of the wider field of view. You're going to temp me into getting an HD receiver. I've got the HD-ready digital TV, but never added the receiver to it.

    By Blogger TT, at 10/10/2007 10:39 AM  

  • Well, if you're interested, I'll trade you baseball managers! I'd love Lou Pinella back with the Reds, and I know how much of a Dusty Baker fan you are...

    By Blogger Cody Jones, at 10/19/2007 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home