another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Cure for a Bad Day

Cubs Win!
Busy day at work for everyone. I didn't get in until late because I was up late and took a conference call from home, and then had some things to check that came up as we were talking. I didn't even leave for work until just before noon.

Then I supposed to get mid-year feedback from my boss, but she was busy at 1pm when I was supposed to go in. I'd told her I needed to leave at 3:30, so I would be OK to meet with her until then if she freed up.

She IM'd me at 2:30, and I figured it was time for the feedback meeting. But no, she wanted me to join another call where they were trying to get something fixed. I reminded her of my time constraint, but she remembered - she was trying to get someone else but I was available at the time. Fortunately, I wasn't on that call long before someone else from our team was reached and took over. So, I got out while the getting was good.

While I thought I was stuck, I called Kalen and had her bring me my jacket, as I'd forgotten it this morning and thought I might need it (it turns out I didn't).

I wound up getting down to the game plenty early, and waiting around for Bob. He wound up being late because of similar traps at work and getting the world's slowest train in. He'd had a worse day than I had.

And, we were late enough that we'd lost our stadium club reservation, but after only a few minutes waiting we were able to grab a side table that freed up.

BUT, the Cubs game was good. A close game - pitcher duel - that the Cubs pulled out a run in the bottom of the eighth. And the Brewers lost, so the Cubs are in first place by one game again. So all was well.

Which is good, because my train got re-routed on the way back from the game, so it took me about 15 minutes longer getting back than usual, and caused a bit of confusion for a while as I didn't know for sure which direction the train was going to go around the Loop.

OK, that's enough for now. I'm getting this post in just because Matt called to harrass me to post -- even though HE hasn't updated his blog as promised.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home