another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

All Hallow's Eve Eve

Twas the night before Halloween, and all through the etc. ...

Candy in stock - check
Comics in stock (for giving) - check, as long as there's not many more trick-or-treaters than last year (65-70).
Decorations up - most of a check. Some stuff needs to go out tomorrow. That's mostly been Kalen's territory.

I think I'll work from home tomorrow, though. I like being home when the trick-or-treaters are here (because I like to give the comics), and I've got a couple errands I could do in early-afternoon, and a conference call in the morning that I always like to do from home anyway.

Hey, I even got that box of comics sorted this past weekend. And a few other minor things. Should try to check off a whole bunch of things on Sunday (Saturday is going to be for D&D). No Bears game this week to distract me.

Work was busy last week, as talked about in my post last week. This week is more normal, so less stressful. I still have a few things to catch up on from then, so I'll try to plow through them tomorrow.

I've touched on the 47 level in the freerice.com vocabulary, but I always get knocked back down from that level. OK, how many grains of rice do you think are in a pound (or kilogram, maybe)?

I guess that's it for now. The Halloween wrap-up will be tomorrow night.

1 Comments:

  • I had to Google it, since I asked. One site claims 36,590 grains of rice per kilogram. Another claims 43,130. A third claimed 60,000. Depends on the variety of rice, I'm sure.

    Assuming 40,000 grains/kilogram (close enough), freerice.com has been getting donations from the sponsors for more than 1000kg of rice the past couple of days. 1 metric ton (or 1 megagram, if you prefer). A few hundred bucks a day in sponsorship, I suppose. Not bad. Not earth-shattering, but nothing to sneeze at either. So, go exercise your vocabulary and give the sponsors an excuse to throw in a bit more money.

    By Blogger TT, at 10/31/2007 12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home