another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Friday, May 11, 2007

The Rest of the Stuff

I took the day off from work today to help Ryan, Kalen, and Kathy move back home from school. As you may remember from last week, we got part of the stuff packed up last week. For Ryan that made today easy -- it took us 15 minutes to get the rest of his stuff out of his dorm. He just had to borrow the broom from the girls' apartment to sweep out his room before checking out.

Matt came over from Urbana, because I figured we'd never get Kathy's TV into any car other than his wagon, and I think that was true for her TV stand too. He and I swapped cars for a couple days so I could take the TV, etc, home and he could drive back to Urbana. Some of the stuff had to get packed in may car anyway, but it won't hinder him and the stuff in there shouldn't be missed for those days.


It took us about 3 hours to get all the stuff packed up (while the girls were also cleaning), and it took pretty much all the space in Kalen, Kathy, and Matt's cars plus most of my trunk and a good chunk of my back seat. But it's done now. Yay.

And Kalen and Kathy apparently cleaned well, as their check-out inspection passed with flying colors.

Still have to figure out what to do with it for the next several months, or year or so, but that's a problem for another day.

Came home, unloaded the car, and I mowed the lawn. Time to grab something to eat, shower, and get to bed. Because I'm beat.

Tomorrow morning -- monitoring. Sunday -- Matt's graduation.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home