another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Día de los Libros Cómicos Gratis



It's Cinco de Mayo. It's Free Comic Book Day.

I got some of both.

Cubs game today, with some special Mexican additions to the stadium club buffet: shredded pork tacos, breakfast burritos (early game, so breakfast was still appropriate), nachos. Well, and a margerita bar, but I didn't partake.

Cubs win! Cubs win! A solid 5-3 victory.



On the way back home, I had just enough time to get to Graham Crackers Comics to participate in Free Comic Book day by picking up my free books. Well, I bought something as well: I found that there were two Y: The Last Man trades that I hadn't picked up yet. As for the free comics, I went specifically for the Nexus Special. I also picked up the Bongo Comics Free-For-All and Comics 101 from TwoMorrows.

Later in the evening, we decided to try going to Cozymel's for a Cinco de Mayo dinner. However, by the time we got there it was an hour and a half wait. The rest of us were OK with the wait, but Kathy was hungry and so we decided to go with her suggestion, because it was simple: CiCi's Pizza. It's a buffet, and the pizza is pretty good (and plenty of variety), and it's cheap. The atmosphere leaves a bit to be desired -- poor man's Chuck E. Cheese's -- but for the price I'd rather sacrifice atmosphere rather than food quality (or cleanliness -- I didn't see problems there).

The hotline rang once late in the evening, but it was just one of my colleagues looking for advise, and handled within a couple minutes. Tomorrow I have a monitoring shift in the morning, the hotline through the rest of the day, and apparently I have to go to Schaumburg to do some special monitoring late tomorrow (really early Monday). So, a bit busy. I better come home in the afternoon and take a nap.

2 Comments:

  • You guys have CiCi's too?!? I thought it was only a southern thing ... and a lot are closing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/11/2007 5:15 PM  

  • They just started opening some CiCi's around here. The one we went to is in the building that used to be movie theaters up by Danada Square, behind the Taco Bell on Butterfield. (Narf, I know you would have driven by there a lot).

    Most of the building is a Linens and Things, but the end slot is where they opened CiCi's a couple months ago.

    By Blogger TT, at 5/11/2007 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home