another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

S = 5, X = 10

I'll start out cryptic today. I thought using 10 for X was an excellent and elegant choice. 5 for S was a reasonable hack, though 5 had already been used in a non-canon source. 17 was recognizable and had been named such before. 22 is a new name. 2, 3, and 4 were no-brainers, of course. But I don't recognize 50. And is the final result a new 1, or is it 52??

Hah, few of my readers will even recognize what I'm talking about (Ryan. Any of the old Legends crew that might look in).

Hotline rang once today, tying me up for a couple hours, but it wasn't really a call worthy of the hotline. And I was also tied up with another conference call earlier today for a couple hours. So, I wasn't as productive as I would like to have been, but it was OK.

And other than that, and the stuff of the first paragraph, this wasn't a particularly exciting day. Just normal. Tomorrow morning: monitoring shift.

I do enjoy being cryptic, though. Enjoy, Ryan.

2 Comments:

  • 50 is apparently from Wildstorm (had to look that up). Also Rip Hunter mentioned New Earth and Earths 1-51, so if you had to give New Earth a number I'd call it 52.

    By Blogger emperorryno, at 5/03/2007 9:55 AM  

  • OK. I wondered if they would give the Wildstorm universe a number. I thought that later, but didn't connect the two at all because I know squat about Wildstorm.

    I'd like it if the new Earth is something other than Earth-1. Earth-2 is essentially the Earth-2 much as it was before Crisis, and so it would be good if they had Earth-1 much as it was before (and through) Crisis. I'm quite happy with the idea that the current DC universe, post-everything, is Earth-52. Makes a ton of sense.

    By Blogger TT, at 5/03/2007 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home