another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Friday, July 13, 2007

I Scoff at Friday the 13th

Today is Friday the 13th, and ..... everything went pretty much as well as it could.

I'm back from Cleveland. The flight was very smooth, and arrived just a bit early.

The new release in Cleveland was delayed, but was finally activated this morning. That apparently went fine, and there were no major issues/firefighting that we needed to do after the release.

Going back a few days, everything didn't go right on Sunday night for the original attempt at the activation. A problem was uncovered, and I wound up coordinating the team to fix the problem. Fixing the problem took from midnight Tuesday until 5am Wednesday morning. But, it did get fixed, and I managed to get some sleep (and even then catch up).

Due to the delays in getting things activated, this Cleveland trip was pretty laid back. There wasn't much to do yesterday, and because everything was working pretty well there was no panic today.

Hmmm, I guess I don't really have much else to write about. When I'm on a business trip the days usually consist of staying at the office relatively long hours, going to dinner with the group in the evening, then crashing at the hotel room. Repeat.

Tomorrow, Cubs game, as well as try to catch up on various things around here. I'll probably have another update on Sunday --- maybe even tomorrow night. It won't be as boring. Maybe.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home