another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Friday, June 22, 2007

Harried at 31

Bah, I let a week go by without a post.

So, what's been going on?

Saturday - cleaned garage and made a lot of progress. All four kids were home. Went out to dinner (at Carrabba's) as a Father's Day/birthday celebration. Played a game of Hawaiian Rummy and beat Ryan, but no one else, but it was a game where no one was consistently stuck with a bunch of points.

Sunday - went to the Cubs game with Bob. The Cubs played badly, lost 11-3. I did get a 1918 Cubs hat from the Stadium Club (because of Father's Day). Sat one table over from Rev. Jesse Jackson, a couple other men (one one of his sons?) and several smallish children (grandchildren?).

Monday - work. Arrange for some maintenance work on a customer site. Chill.

Tuesday - work. Tried to warn of a problem because the maintenance didn't fix the problem, and need to get our customer to fix it (by getting another vendor to fix their stuff). Played a game of D&D in Niles (Kalen joined me). Decent story, but short, and the main challenge in the mod was to avoid doing something stupid.

Wednesday - Hmmm, I can't remember much. Maybe I was drunk (though it then must have been from a beer a couple weeks ago). I know I didn't sleep well, though. I should have blogged.

Thursday - Monitoring (3p-9p), and a nasty outage during my shift. Got accused of not warning about a potential problem (yes, the one I warned about on Tuesday). Didn't finish and get home until 11pm, and then I still dealt with a call on the problem when I got home.

Friday - Finish putting together explanation of outage from Thursday, deal with long call with customer explaining the same. There will still be some of that to finish tomorrow and Monday. And, it's my birthday. I turned 31. Hexadecimal rules! Went out to dinner with Ellen, Kalen, Kathy, Ryan. Got birthday phone calls from Matt and Bob. Birthday e-mails from Mom, Mark T., and Goofy. Yay! Wrote this blog entry so that I stop being a non-blogging slug.

Tomorrow - monitoring, 9a - 3p. Then we'll see. Sunday - free! Finish bundling trash in garage that didn't fit in bins last week.

That's it! More this weekend.





2 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/23/2007 1:43 PM  

  • Happy belated birthday, Tim!

    I keep getting so tied up in trivia, fleeing the items that are actually tasking me, that I forget to check around and catch up.

    By Blogger Mike Norton, at 6/24/2007 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home