another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Grand Slam!

Cubs won today, with four insurance runs scored on a grand slam in the 8th inning, when the Cubs took the lead. That is, the Cubs scored a run to tie the game, the a run to take the lead, and then the grand slam was on top of all that to seal the deal. Anyway -- Yay!

That happened while I was still a bit less than an hour from Missouri Valley, and at least I was able to listen to the whole game while driving over.

Since much of my day was taken up driving, there's not much else to say. I managed to walk out of the house without picking up the dress shirt I had hung up, so I stopped along the way to pick up a new shirt, tie, and tie tack. I could use all that anyway, so that worked fine.

And, other than that, I have to mess around with my laptop tomorrow because it's not picking up the wireless network here, although it's working fine on my work laptop (from which I'm posting now). My laptop isn't picking up any network, though this laptop shows four networks in range, so it may the network card worked it's way loose, or something else is blocking it.

Tomorrow: Rachel's graduation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home