another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Thursday, November 09, 2006

This is the Post Without a Title

A bit of a late night at work tonight. I was trying to finish up one thing, that I know isn't really finished but it has to wait until a drive team can run a test for us in Salt Lake City. We'll see what the morning brings, but I should try to take at least a half-day off tomorrow and get a few things done around here, with what may be the last remnants of decent weather for the season. That's if it's not already drizzling by late morning tomorrow.

After the break, a couple bits of randomness.

In his effort to reach across the aisle and promote bipartisanship, Bush takes the step today to ... re-nominate John Bolton as UN ambassador? Proving once again that he has no clue, or that he's just to smug to care. Fortunately, it appears that this idea got smacked down right away by lame-duck Republican senator Lincoln Chaffey, who once again said that there's no way Bolton gets his support.

After I got home tonight I fired up the Tivo to watch Celebrity Jeopardy and then tonight's Smallville. There's one scene in Smallville that I could predict a mile away, but when it actually appeared I cringed. It's way too schlocky and cliché. I'll too invested in certain plots to give up on the series entirely, but I'm tempted to fast-forward past any scene with one particular character. If you saw tonight's episode, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

3 Comments:

  • I have given up entirely on Smallville, although, I have been watching less and less for the past year or 2, so I'm not invested in the plots really. I didn't see last nights episode, and I doubt I ever will, but unless it is a newish character, I can probably guess the one that you want to fast-forward past.

    By Blogger Matt, at 11/10/2006 10:58 AM  

  • The initials are LL.

    Oh, wait ....

    By Blogger TT, at 11/10/2006 4:12 PM  

  • Light-green Lantern? I didn't know he was in Smallville ...

    By Blogger The Narf, at 11/10/2006 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home