another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

All Those Chickens are Hatched Now

While I was out at lunchtime, to get my weekly comic fix and renew the license sticker for Kathy's car, I got to hear the president's press conference.

Let's see, while I was listening, I heard him admit that he'd lied and also botch a joke. If he were a Democrat, they'd be calling for his head.

Sorry, too much opportunity for schadenfreude today. I enjoyed listening to Bush tap dance, though as the time went by he did get a bit more candid and, surprisingly, a bit gracious. I don't hold a great deal of hope for him, but it's clear he knows that circumstances have changed.

At the beginning of his time he did twice commit one of the Republicans' favorite lexical tweaks that really annoys me, referring to the "Democrat Party". Could someone tell them that they just sound like they don't know an adjectival form if it bit them in the ass.The thing is that they know the difference and it's a deliberate quirk.

As for the botched joke: I thought the Republicans had already purged all the interior decorators from their ranks.

Anyway, so much has changed in just the past 12 hours. No more Rumsfeld, and both Montana and Virginia senate races get calls for the Democrat. I expect there will be a lot more repercussions coming in the next month.

Anyway, as for me, nothing else much going on. Work. I need to login again on the work PC to see if a big file got transferred properly, and see if I can figure out a problem in Salt Lake City. Oh, yeah, I'm also supposed to be looking for something for Matt. Better go do that....

1 Comments:

  • Hehe. Kathy and I were having fun watching the press conference on CNN and yelling at Bush, mostly as follows: "Oh, boohoo, why don't you go pout some more, big baby."

    By Blogger Kalen, at 11/08/2006 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home