another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Some Answers

On spam and Waldo ...

OK, so only the estimable Mike Norton (UPDATE: and the similarly estimable Mike Leuszler) could be bothered to comment on whether I should use a spam comment blocker, even when I specifically asked you to comment. :-) And I know you're out there! Anyway, since that post only picked up two spam comments, and they're easy to remove, I'll not add the word verification unless a) I won't be able to check to clean up spam or b) it becomes a lot more of a problem than at present.

No one took a shot at Waldo, or no one bothered commenting on him. Actually, many shots are taken at Waldo in this film, but they all miss anyway. Would it have helped folks if I'd mentioned that I'd just seen that show twice recently, on the 7th and 11th of this month? Well, only if you've been to Disney World.

Two of the four players couldn't play D&D last night, so that fell through. Hopefully Blaine will be able to visit the "Crystal Caverns of the Cairn Hills" soon, or at least before the mod retires at the end of the year.

6 Comments:

  • They retire modules now? Oy. Remember when D & D was not so so so organized and business-driven.

    You need to give people more time to respond to your requests for info and advice.

    Some blog readers only pop in every few days or so, so they might miss later posts before typing in their own responses.

    Like I did.

    Blush.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/25/2005 2:38 PM  

  • I didn't mean to leave you out, Mike. It just seemed to be time to make a call on that non-issue. Plus Kalen was bugging me when she was home for an answer on Waldo.

    They retire RPGA modules, usually at the close of the calendar year following the year of their release. That's only if you want to play them as part of the living campaign (that one is Living Greyhawk - Blaine is my 4th level Rogue). I've got a few older RPGA modules tucked away if I decide I want to play them later, just not have them count for LG.

    Of course they can't say what you can do in a home campaign -- it's just that playing and judging in RPGA mods gives me a lot wider variety in folks I play with. Plus I'm too damn slow at writing my own modules to run my own campaign world any more.

    By Blogger TT, at 10/25/2005 3:01 PM  

  • I don't care much about the comment blocker, since that's what Tony uses.

    Also, there'd be no way for me to remember Waldo from the Muppets in 3D show. Though I did see the show earlier this year when my older brother visited.

    By Blogger The Narf, at 10/25/2005 5:57 PM  

  • Aha! That explains why I didn't know what you were talking about - the last time I saw that show was when I was 10. Was it still the same show back then?

    I also didn't comment on the spam post as the word verification doesn't bother me at all - I'll post if I have something to say and won't if I don't.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/25/2005 6:05 PM  

  • Kalen - yep, MuppetVision 3D is the same show it was 13 years ago. I saw it twice again this last trip - I think I've seen it twice in each trip. It's such a fun show, and frankly Waldo is the least of it.

    Waldo's pretty obscure, but then that was the fun of the game. He apparently did show up in at least one subsequent Muppet show.

    Anyone could have found something about him by Googling "Waldo Muppet", so it's not like I was not playing fair.

    By Blogger TT, at 10/25/2005 10:17 PM  

  • So apparently I'm a dick for activating word verification on my blog.

    By Blogger Tony, at 11/02/2005 3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home