another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Friday, September 30, 2005

Pre-Vacation Tension

I guess the idea is to build up a lot of tension pre-vacation to have something to relax from? ...

At work, no real tension, thankfully. I have a few fixes that I have pending, mostly coded and tested, but I'll throw the code inspections over the wall at some folks and figure they'll be done then when I get back. None of the fixes are blocking, so I don't want to submit them until I'm around to deal with any conflicts that arise anyway. The only think I have to finish today is my annual performance review input, and that's mostly done already. Just have to see if I want to polish up some points. I always stick to the facts on that anyway, not reaching to puff up accomplishments like some do. If that has held me back in any way, I don't care.

At home, I have a list of stuff I need to do, but nothing that's particularly daunting. Just an accumulation of little stuff. The main thing still undone is getting someone to deal with the cats ...

So, would anyone who can please let Tony know I want him to call me! Tonight, if possible, any time. Or early tomorrow morning. If I can't reach him I'll probably have to board the cats. May have to anyway. (If you don't know a "Tony" that I would know and would be near my house, you can of course ignore that message.) :-)

I'd like to see "Serenity" tonight (now that I'm 100% up-to-date on "Firefly"), but that would just subtract time from that accumulated list of stuff I need to do. That'll probably just wait until right after vacation. I suppose I could see it at the AMC in Downtown Disney, but that'd seem like a waste of good WDW time.

Damn, "Firefly" was an excellent show that I totally missed on broadcast TV. And the very best episodes, IMHO, were the ones that didn't actually air. Go figure. DVD sets are a wonderful thing.

5 Comments:

  • I know what you mean about Firefly. I totally want to go see it tonight, but I'm not paying the weekend night price, regardless if I'm a student. I'm not sure if I'll have enough time next Sunday to see it with you, but I will at least get to see you then!

    By Blogger The Narf, at 9/30/2005 5:09 PM  

  • And by Firefly, I mean Serenity.

    By Blogger The Narf, at 9/30/2005 5:11 PM  

  • I need to borrow the Firefly DVDs sometime. I wasn't too concerned about it until I saw a few episodes this past weekend. I can't believe that show was cancelled.

    By Blogger emperorryno, at 10/01/2005 9:55 AM  

  • Well, Fox promoted the hell out of the premiere, then promptly shuffled it off to Saturday night and stopped talking about it. If TiVo had been around back then, it may have had a chance. As it was, Saturday (and also Friday) night is the timeslot of doom.

    And that's what I learn from reading TWoP and Theater Hopper.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2005 10:45 AM  

  • Tivo was around back then -- I think they just said they had their 10th anniversary, and Firefly ran in 2002-2003. Which means, even we had Tivo for part of its run.

    Tivo maybe has grown a bit since then, but I don't think that was much of a factor.

    The main problem is that it was promoted as a different kind of show than it really was. And while I knew about it at the time, I didn't get motivated to try it (especially when we were using the VCR for such things).

    By Blogger TT, at 10/01/2005 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home