another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Serenity

I finally saw "Serenity" tonight. Quite a good movie. I won't spoil anything in the expanded comments.

I suggested to Ellen that we see it tonight because I was afraid it might close this week without my seeing it, and Ellen works both of the next two nights. If she hadn't wanted to see it tonight I probably would have gone by myself tomorrow. She was glad she got a chance to see it with me, though. (So, sidenote to Ryan: go see it in the next couple days if it's still playing down in Bloomington.)

It seems to stand pretty well on its own, and nicely wraps up the main underlying story of the "Firefly" series. It doesn't really spoil anything if you see the movie before the series because nothing revealed in the movie gets revealed in the series. You just know how that background conflict eventually gets resolved. It's probably better if you see the series first because the emotional impact of the movie will be that much stronger, but its not a necessity.

3 Comments:

  • Kaylee is hot.

    By Blogger The Narf, at 10/26/2005 4:13 PM  

  • I saw it yesterday afternoon with a friend from my Japanese class. It was pretty awesome. As a side note, I'll probably post on sunday about the second Sox riot and Halloweeny fun. Unless I get lazy.
    Also, Kaylee is indeed hot.

    By Blogger emperorryno, at 10/27/2005 11:19 AM  

  • It's too hard to separate Kaylee from the same actress as a teen playing Catalina on "Space Cases".

    And, boy, am I a dope. I was searching my brain to figure out where I'd seen the actor who played Mr. Universe. Duh - he's the math geek lead on "NUMB3RS". I like him in both roles.

    Ryno, e-mail me the spoiler you knew so I can see if its the one I'd seen.

    By Blogger TT, at 10/27/2005 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home