another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Another Night Out -- and a Night Up Late

So, yes, we did get out tonight for my birthday (more or less). Ellen and Ryan and I had dinner at Stir Crazy and then went to see "Cars". It was a toss up between that and "A Prairie Home Companion", but "Cars" was slightly more convenient (started shortly after we got to the theater) and I figured I'd rather be sure to see it on the big screen.

More, but no spoilers, after the break:

I'm glad we did see "Cars" tonight, the film was realy quite good -- I think I may even have enjoyed it more than "The Incredibles" (I'll have to re-watch that). I managed to not get much of the film spoiled, so I was surprised at a number of the cameo voices that showed up as well as not exactly figuring out the plot.

So now I'm staying up late to join in a late night conference call for work -- call starts at 1:30am and I'll probably be on for about a hour an a half. I'll probably get stuck doing this from time to time now that I'm working the field support job, since any planned maintenance has to happen in the over-night hours, and this one is a bit worse since the maintenance is on a switch in the Pacific timezone.

Coming up, I'll be making a support trip to Phoenix for about three weeks, starting in ... a bit more than two weeks. So, I need to knuckle down on the powder room this weekend.

4 Comments:

  • "Car" is reigning supreme in this house of mostly boys...my 6 yr. old has seen it THREE times, and the other kids have seen it twice!
    I've only seen it once, but I would go again, easily. Did you stay for the credits? There were some funny "bloopers" and sidenotes during and AFTER...
    Right now we are collecting all the cars from McDonald's, we have bought and used a pack of tattoos (I got to have Fillmore), we have a pack of stickers, and a coloring book. Aaron (my 6 yr. old) wants a Mater Game he saw at Target and even the teenagers have said they want t-shirts with their favorite characters on them. MY 14 yr. old daughter is still sporting a temporary tattoo of Luigi on her shoulder.
    Glad you got to go out for your birthday.....Mine is a week from today!
    J.

    By Blogger Jodi, at 6/24/2006 12:11 PM  

  • Yep, we stayed through to the very, very end. I'd been warned earlier to do so.

    By Blogger TT, at 6/24/2006 12:59 PM  

  • I thought "Cars" was awesome, too. I didn't get to see everything at the end since we had Danielle with us, but Kathy hasn't seen it yet, so maybe we'll go see it down here sometime.

    By Blogger Kalen, at 6/24/2006 7:03 PM  

  • While I've heard nothing but good things about Cars I haven't felt compelled to see it. I don't know exactly why - it's not just the theme of cars (which have never been anything more than a functional item at best - and when they don't work they're just an expensive headache) - but for whatever reason I suspect this'll be like Ice Age, an animated film I heard many good things about, which has since reached cable channels I have... and which I still haven't bothered to watch.

    By Blogger Mike Norton, at 6/24/2006 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home