another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Welcome Class of '76 -- If Any!

Tomorrow (well, actually today now) is my 30th year high school reunion. In the class booklet page I submitted, I put in a link to this blog. SO, if you wandered in via that path, welcome. Leave me a comment to let me know you were here. Because I'm certainly not there ...

... I'm going to guess that there won't be much traffic generated by that link.

Tomorrow I will be having a reunion with a member of the class of '77 in section 228 of Wrigley Field. But then, I just saw my brother there on Tuesday night, so it's not like it's been that long.

And, a member of the class of '75 just got home from work and she's telling me about her day.

I did go to my 10th year reunion, and we went to Ellen's 10th reunion the year before, but neither one of us has been much interested in doing it again. Maybe it would have been better this year because my class wasn't going to the dinner with all the other classes, so the number of boring speeches would have been far fewer.

When/if I get the class book, if anyone else has put in a web link I'll promise to follow that. Virtual/electronic reunions are just fine by me.

As it is, all the kids are home for the weekend so we can do something on Sunday for Father's Day.

4 Comments:

  • First of all, congratulations on your reunion. i graduated from h.s. in 82 and i DID go to the 20th. it was lots of fun, mainly because i was newly divorced, had gotten super-skinny and had a great dress and a good looking date! (ah vanity!) i had better start dieting now if i want to do a repeat performance at my 25th.
    2nd, happy father's day, a day early.
    3rd, southern indiana is NOTHING like lafayette. wouldn't want to hang around all those purdue people anyway........ha, ha.
    enjoy!

    By Blogger Jodi, at 6/17/2006 5:49 AM  

  • hey.
    due to complications, i will be deleting my blog. i will let you know if i start another one, but it's unlikely.
    enjoy your reunion and good luck.
    jodi

    By Blogger Jodi, at 6/17/2006 11:20 AM  

  • okay, you're going to think i'm crazy, but after receiving an encouraging e-mail from mike norton, and talking it over with my boyfriend, i have decided to keep the blog up.
    so check back when you can.
    jodi

    By Blogger Jodi, at 6/17/2006 9:09 PM  

  • How the years fly...

    My 30th won't be for three more years, and at the moment I don't have any more intention of going to that one than I did the 10th or 20th. While there are a couple people in the mix I'm curious about, mostly it's a distant curiosity.

    Keep in mind that I attended an all-boys high school (well, it isn't any more, but it was at the time) and it was a Catholic one, too. There's simply not much there to draw me back.

    By Blogger Mike Norton, at 6/19/2006 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home