another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Friday, May 05, 2006

Productive/Unproductive

Two weeks slip by since the previous update....

The weekend before last was particularly productive. Last weekend, not at all. Which will this weekend be?

The weekend before last was great. The weather was wonderful and I got stuff done both inside and outside. Lawn trimmed, the garage largely cleaned out, and got the cabinets installed in the downstairs bath (medicine cabinet and over-toilet cabinet. The bathroom is now done from 51" above the floor on up. Of course everything below that, the business half of he bathroom, is still bare.

Last weekend I was in a funk. Whether it was the weather (cool and rainy), sleep deficit, Ellen gone (visiting her mom and my mom), or Kalen here (taking a pre-finals break away from Normal), the combination of factors just led to me doing next to nothing. The only thing I really accomplished was getting the lawn mowed (fortunately, I came home that Friday and got that done before the rain moved in), getting a few things at the grocery store, and hanging out with Kalen.

This weekend all that needs to turn around. I did (finally) get Legends prepped and will mail it at lunchtime. The lawn needs cut again after work. Then I'll get out to the laundromat this evening -- our washer has apparently broken a bearing ring and the repairguy had to order the part. Tomorrow I'll start tiling the bathroom (and hopefully finish, at least the walls). I also got the miter saw set up when I cleaned up the garage, so I should get all the door casings that I need cut and start staining those. If I get all that done, I'll consider the weekend a success.

Oh, and I need to try to get my home network working properly again. Ellen's laptop and mine won't connect via the wireless router, though both Tivos do. The laptops can connect directly via Ethernet, though mine seems to get flakey occasionally and thinks that the cable is disconnected when it isn't. And the printer server is being very finicky. Poking around at it hasn't done much good, so I may need to rebuild the network from scratch at some point this weekend.

Work is a bit slow right now as I'm finishing up a couple things before starting my new assignment. We are starting a new Development Field Support team which I'm moving to. When we get ramped up it'll probably be more pressure, dealing with problems raised by the customers, and there may be some travel involved at some point. Most of our field sites right now are in the US (let's see - Portland, Seattle, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, soon to be New York, some others), while most of the field support has been coming from a team in the UK, so it's obvious why a new team needs to ramp up.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll shoot for an update Sunday night or Monday to see how much of this actually got done.

2 Comments:

  • Quote:
    "Last weekend I was in a funk. Whether it was the weather (cool and rainy), sleep deficit, Ellen gone (visiting her mom and my mom), or Kalen here (taking a pre-finals break away from Normal)..."

    You make it sound like having Kalen home is a bad thing. ;)

    Sounds like you're doing good on the bathroom. Think you'll have it done by Tjarksecue?

    By Blogger The Narf, at 5/07/2006 11:00 AM  

  • No, Kalen home isn't a a bad thing. It's just that I wanted to hang out with her more than I wanted to do other things. And, the combination of all that other stuff didn't motivate me to get other stuff done.

    Bathroom will be done by the end of the month.

    By Blogger TT, at 5/07/2006 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home