another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Saturday, May 13, 2006

157 of 264 - collect 'em all.

Now 59.5% complete with the tiling -- as counted by the number of pieces. By surface area it's somewhat more. Now all the walls have at least some tiles, and the wall behind the toilet is complete.

The wireless network in the house is now working again as well. I guess I'd set the network key wrong, so that the Tivos (which are 802.11b, and use a shorter key) matched what I had, but the laptops (which are 802.11g) didn't match -- they must have been sending more characters as the key that the extras didn't match. I flipped one setting on the router, one I guress I missed before, and everything started working again. One thing I need to do is attach the configuration data to the router so that if the power goes out again and config is lost I have everything down without rediscovering anything.

Cubs game tomorrow. Sometime in the next few days a couple stories about puzzle contests.

And at some point I need to get a new patio umbrella (market umbrella). Wind bursts whipped up sometime yesterday and tore the umbrella off the pole, also bending the pole at a 90° angle at the table top. No rush on that, though.

2 Comments:

  • Good thing the wind didn't tip that table over. Though I guess it'd take a lot of force to do that.

    By Blogger The Narf, at 5/13/2006 3:17 PM  

  • I was wondering how long it would be before you got the Remodeling ?Bug back into your blood again. What;s it been -- 10 years since you re-did the Master Bedroom?

    Anyone who can live through a good Grouting has my immense respect -- and my deepest sympathy. That grit is like tooth polish from the dentist -- it takes MONTHS before it's all gone!

    ~~JD~~

    By Blogger J.D. Long, at 5/15/2006 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home