another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Big 3-0

Yep, Thursday, June 22 is my birthday. I hit the big 3-0 ...

... I'm posting this late on Wednesday, while I am still 2F.

There are 2 types of people in the world: those who understand hexadecimal and those who don't.

I guess that only works as a joke in binary, though. (Binary age: 110000)

And yeah, I cheated a couple weeks ago in my anniversary post, since I mixed bases in a single post. I should have said it was our 1B-th anniversary, but then it would screw up the joke today.

Anyway, happy birthday to me. Nothing exciting going on -- an ordinary day at work, no Cubs game to go to (for the second year in a row), and Ellen works tonight. We'll probably hit a movie on Friday.

11 Comments:

  • Happy birthday, Dad!

    By Blogger Kamie, at 6/22/2006 9:24 AM  

  • Happy birthday, Dad.

    Lets see, so last year on my birthday, I became legal to drink. This year, I am turning 16, so that means I can get my drivers license, right?

    By Blogger Matt, at 6/22/2006 10:46 PM  

  • happy birthday!
    are you really only 30?
    you make me feel really old....
    hope it was a good one...

    ps. what movie will you see?

    pps. my birthday is july 1.

    By Blogger HoosierGirl5, at 6/22/2006 10:53 PM  

  • Yes, I'm really 30. But that's in hexadecimal (base 16). It sounds so much better that way. One of the benefits of being a computer scientist. The same way my son, who can legally buy a drink, is now 15.

    To all the normal folks, who count in decimal, I'm 48 (and Matt is 21).

    By Blogger Tim Tjarks, at 6/23/2006 7:10 AM  

  • okay, i get it! so i'm 29? (41)
    gosh it's been a long time since i've thought "outside the box" like that...what will i be on my birthday? 210?

    By Blogger HoosierGirl5, at 6/23/2006 8:29 AM  

  • You start using letters once you run out of single digit numbers. So on your birthday, you would be 2A

    By Blogger Matt, at 6/23/2006 8:43 AM  

  • So enjoy being 29 while you can.

    By Blogger Tim Tjarks, at 6/23/2006 9:24 AM  

  • so i'm 29 until july 1, then i'm 2A? that sounds like a grade of meat...besides, even though i've GOTTEN A's and GIVEN A's, i've never been SIZE A....i guess i'll have to wait until i'm 44, then i'll be 2C - a better representation! (laugh)
    that means my son is 1! what is my 14 yr.old? E? and the 12 yr. old is C? this is too fun!

    By Blogger HoosierGirl5, at 6/23/2006 2:45 PM  

  • The third type of person would be the one who has MS Calc on their computer.

    By Blogger The Narf, at 6/23/2006 9:10 PM  

  • HoosierGirl - You got it!

    Narf - yeah, but for some folks it's not as easy to explain how to convert bases with the calculator, even if it is only changing the radio button.

    By Blogger Tim Tjarks, at 6/24/2006 12:03 AM  

  • Happy belated birthday, Tim! Too tied down for blogging during this past work week, so I missed all the bits along the way.

    By Blogger MJ Norton, at 6/24/2006 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home