another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Big 3-0

Yep, Thursday, June 22 is my birthday. I hit the big 3-0 ...

... I'm posting this late on Wednesday, while I am still 2F.

There are 2 types of people in the world: those who understand hexadecimal and those who don't.

I guess that only works as a joke in binary, though. (Binary age: 110000)

And yeah, I cheated a couple weeks ago in my anniversary post, since I mixed bases in a single post. I should have said it was our 1B-th anniversary, but then it would screw up the joke today.

Anyway, happy birthday to me. Nothing exciting going on -- an ordinary day at work, no Cubs game to go to (for the second year in a row), and Ellen works tonight. We'll probably hit a movie on Friday.

11 Comments:

  • Happy birthday, Dad!

    By Blogger Kalen, at 6/22/2006 9:24 AM  

  • Happy birthday, Dad.

    Lets see, so last year on my birthday, I became legal to drink. This year, I am turning 16, so that means I can get my drivers license, right?

    By Blogger Matt, at 6/22/2006 10:46 PM  

  • happy birthday!
    are you really only 30?
    you make me feel really old....
    hope it was a good one...

    ps. what movie will you see?

    pps. my birthday is july 1.

    By Blogger Jodi, at 6/22/2006 10:53 PM  

  • Yes, I'm really 30. But that's in hexadecimal (base 16). It sounds so much better that way. One of the benefits of being a computer scientist. The same way my son, who can legally buy a drink, is now 15.

    To all the normal folks, who count in decimal, I'm 48 (and Matt is 21).

    By Blogger TT, at 6/23/2006 7:10 AM  

  • okay, i get it! so i'm 29? (41)
    gosh it's been a long time since i've thought "outside the box" like that...what will i be on my birthday? 210?

    By Blogger Jodi, at 6/23/2006 8:29 AM  

  • You start using letters once you run out of single digit numbers. So on your birthday, you would be 2A

    By Blogger Matt, at 6/23/2006 8:43 AM  

  • So enjoy being 29 while you can.

    By Blogger TT, at 6/23/2006 9:24 AM  

  • so i'm 29 until july 1, then i'm 2A? that sounds like a grade of meat...besides, even though i've GOTTEN A's and GIVEN A's, i've never been SIZE A....i guess i'll have to wait until i'm 44, then i'll be 2C - a better representation! (laugh)
    that means my son is 1! what is my 14 yr.old? E? and the 12 yr. old is C? this is too fun!

    By Blogger Jodi, at 6/23/2006 2:45 PM  

  • The third type of person would be the one who has MS Calc on their computer.

    By Blogger The Narf, at 6/23/2006 9:10 PM  

  • HoosierGirl - You got it!

    Narf - yeah, but for some folks it's not as easy to explain how to convert bases with the calculator, even if it is only changing the radio button.

    By Blogger TT, at 6/24/2006 12:03 AM  

  • Happy belated birthday, Tim! Too tied down for blogging during this past work week, so I missed all the bits along the way.

    By Blogger Mike Norton, at 6/24/2006 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home