another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Starbucks Customer #788217742

Lately, I've been getting a rash of spam e-mails with a subject similar to the above. Either Starbucks or Walmart, and promising a gift card if I click a link. A link I'm, of course, not about to click to find out what nastiness may be attempted.

Still, whether it's a cumulative count or based on the amount of business I give them, #788217742 sounds about right.

I also got a batch of spam titled "Sam says banana" or the like, all of them with <someone> says <random word>. Weird how the spammers mutate, but they did get past my spam filter for a while until it learned the pattern.

And thus, I'm now bored with the spam titles on my e-mail, and so I'll stop that. At least until an interesting one comes along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home