another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Friday, November 11, 2005

The Expanding Circle

The blog roll grows. I've added links to the blogs of Amber #2 and J.D. Long. Good to see you commenting here, J.D. It's interesting how this medium can be used to connect with old friends. Of course, it probably helps curious old friends find me since this blog or my home page are the first to pop up with a Google search for "Tim Tjarks".

Not that I'm the only Tim Tjarks out there, but we're not exactly going to form anything like the Jim Smith Society.

But this is what I like about blogging. I'm notoriously bad about keeping in contact with old friends, but here I can tell a few things about myself, and those who are actually interested can listen. See, it's only narcissistic if I insist that people read, right? Yeah, that's the ticket.

(Answer: No, it's still narcissistic because I assume that people are reading.>

And, of course, vice versa. I check in on everybody's blog pretty frequently, because I do want to hear what everyone is up to.

I just don't want to make the effort to call them.

Wait, that still doesn't sound right.

4 Comments:

  • Yup, that's the wonder of the internet and blogging. 'Cuz I don't want to call people either.

    By Blogger Amber, at 11/11/2005 10:36 PM  

  • Why call when you can type? When you call, usually you can never tell if it's an opportune time to chat, and it's usually just you and the other person one-on-one, and once you've covered the bases it turns into: "So... Catch the Cubs game last week?" "The season's over." "Ummm..." *click*

    Through blogs, everyone talks when it is most convenient for them, and everyone can jump in on the same conversation. And no awkwardness!

    By Blogger Tony, at 11/12/2005 2:23 AM  

  • Yeah, the blogging's much better for keeping in contact than some other options... except for the people who seem to be avoiding the internet lately...

    #2

    By Blogger Amber #2, at 11/15/2005 11:30 AM  

  • Speaking of blogging, are we going to see some soon, Tim? Don't make me write your obit, man. I will do it.

    Mike Leuszler
    Not too busy to poke a friend.
    http://openmike.blog-city.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/04/2005 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home