another misAdventure

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan."

Monday, January 16, 2006

Its so night

My blog title is ungrammatical, and will drive the Kalen and Kathy crazy. But I'll eventually explain that. Not in this post, mind you ...

More than a month since the last update! Ridiculous.

My fault, obviously. I can't really pin it on anyone else. Oh, but I will. Part (only part) of the reason is that, during what has been the kids Christmas break, I spent time lounging around with them, or playing D&D with them, etc, rather than spending time writing blog entries. Since a major target of this blog is them, I can just talk to them rather than write. But, as of today they're all back in school. So, they can update their blogs soon with start-of-semester updates.

But, I can write other times. Like when I'm waiting for a lab to load, like right now.

Another part of the reason is that I've got a bit of a backlog here at work that I'm digging through, a good deal of it because I let it build up. So, I need to clear that. But, the lab loading is part of that, and I've got another compile running, and so this is just another thing I can multitask at the moment.

So, what's been going on:

Metric excrement-loads of D&D: Worthy of it's own post. Let's call that Wednesday.

Christmas, home for the holidays, etc: Another post. Let's call that one tomorrow (Tuesday).

There, I have a couple topics for coming posts. Let's see if I can keep to it.

Fantasy football: Subject of that long-ago previous post. I won one league (the one with prize money!), and came in third in the other one. TIED the semi-final game, and we never figured out exactly what the tie-breaker was. Whatever it was, the Yahoo! computer settled it and put me in the consolation game. The team that beat me in the semi-final ALSO tied in the final game (who'd thunk it?), but they lost that tie-breaker. So, my D&D pal Dick Gilbert, who got me into the league, won the playoffs.

Home improvement: we're finally getting ready to re-do the downstairs half-bath (aka powder room). I'm going to tile the floor and half-way up the walls there, my first attempt at ceramic tile. It's good to start there because it's a small area, I can start with the wall behind the toilet so I can practice where no one will look. I've got the wall tile and all the materials needed. The floor tile should be in in the next couple of days. I still need to get some drywall (or DensShield) to re-do some or all of the wallboard ("all" may depend on whether I decide to move the light switch). And, a new door as well. And then I'll either need to have that delivered or rent a pickup to get that stuff, since I no longer have a vehicle for hauling (not that it'd be worth having just for this). Anyway, I'll write more about that soon. Let's say on Sunday, by which time I should be knee-deep in the project.

Other stuff? Well, I can't think of it right now, but I know I have other stuff. I'll just have to keep on this and write as I think about it.

For now, my lab is loaded, so back to work.

2 Comments:

  • You haven't written in your blog for so long...

    just

    to

    isspay

    me

    off?

    Come on. Admit it. lol

    Mike Leuszler
    fine, be that way!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/22/2006 12:54 PM  

  • No, just to isspay me off. I'd look at the blog and think, "Damn, I need to put an update in".

    I'm trying to be better. Stay tuned.

    By Blogger TT, at 1/23/2006 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home